Basic Sugar Cookies

Oh, If only my Grandma Eller were alive.  Don't quite know if it was the Magic Of Chirtmas, as a child at her and Granpa's Farm; but I sure miss her Christmas Cookies.  No amount of Fancy Decoration or the $40 Cookie Sheet will ever make mine taste as good, but I do my best with this recipe.  And I suppose my "Nieces and Nephews" will remember Uncle Doug as fondly. 
(...alas her recipe is lost to the ages, but it's basic and somehow I don't think she minds my efforts)
 
 
Ingredients:
 
 
1 cup butter 
1 cup sugar 
1 large egg 
2 1/2 cups flour 
1 teaspoon baking powder  
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
 
 
Preparation:
 
 
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Add all other ingredients.
3. Mix well.
4. Chill at least 2-3 hours. Roll out.
5. Cut in to shapes and bake in 400°F till edges are pale golden brown


Note: Recipe easily doubled.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment