Greek Olive Canapes

Friend Janice made these for a get-together.  She made them on this original recipe and they were good.  I was grateful for the link to it...however.
As with most Useful Recipes, this one gives me a chance to put my own signature on it.  My thought on the taste was that I will be using Feta Cheese, Black Olives, only Pine Nuts and maybe a bit of Poppy Seed Dressing (just a drizzle) when I prepare. 


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup pimento-stuffed olives or other green olives, chopped
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
1/3 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 (2.1-oz.) pkgs. frozen mini phyllo shells

Preparation:

Combine one cup cheese and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Remove phyllo shells from packages, leaving them in trays.
Spoon one heaping teaspoon of olive mixture into each phyllo shell; sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Remove from trays and place cups on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment